Wednesday 23 April 2008

Insomnia Post!

If I were a character in a Victorian novel, I would be the penniless companion. KT would be my sister who married money and status, and I would be the sister who lived with her and her family in their big manor because A) they couldn't afford to feed a spinster daughter at home and so that B) I could marry money as well.
I would order the servants around abominably but take care of the children. I would do chores because I knew that I was there on charity but I would make sure that everyone around me knew that I was doing them, so they knew that I was earning my keep and wouldn't throw me out.

Luckily, these are not Victorian times and I am not a character in a novel.

So I get a paycheck and days off, and am enjoying my stay rather than fretting about starving in hedgerows.

1 comment:

Penelope said...

emily i miss you. It is exciting when i check your blog on a whim late at night and you have written in it. i am about to do my own late night post, hurrah!