Tuesday 3 June 2008

Fire Alarm!

It pissed rain all day today. The property management association came by and checked the fire alarms and I had to leave for a few minutes because technically I am not supposed to be living there and I wanted to avoid awkward conversations. Caitlin was home for most of today, and we got the grocery order and put it away (no car, so Caitlin and Will get their groceries delivered) and hung out.
This afternoon Hannah and I took one look outside and said "yech" so we stayed inside and shared a grilled cheese sandwich (she and I both have weaknesses for them. whenever I make one she stands with one hand on my knee, looking up into my face and makes frantic "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!"s until Caitlin says "C'mon Emily, just give her some" and I do) and watched music videos on youtube. Then I forgot that I had another sandwich on the stove and the fire alarm went off for the whole building, and I met the neighbors as they turned it off for me, and I covered my face with my hands and apologized profusely.
After the fire alarm panic I taught Hannah to raise both hands above her head every time I say "Hurrrraaaayyyyyy!" During dinner she buzzed around in circles saying "vvvvvvvvvv" to herself like a bumblebee, stopping periodically when Caitlin, Will, and I raised our arms and said "hurrrraayyyyy!" to (sometimes) mimic us and giggle (ok, 3 out of 5 times ain't bad, she's not even a year old).

No comments: